Google
 
Web my-twocents.blogspot.com

Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Khan!!!...Ahem, I mean, Lou Dobbs!!!

Why I torture myself and watch his show. I keep telling myself I'll stop but there I am every day watching. Anyways.

Now Lou Dobbs and his ilk are going on and on about the requirements that in several states that residency status be checked before state and federal benefits be given to people, to which I say, SO WHAT?

Heeellooo, illegal immigrants are not eligible for Medicare benefits, food stamps and various other things because they are, duhn duhn, ILLEGAL.

I sincerely doubt many illegal immigrants are shaking down the American and state governments for benefits but this is certainly being used as another cudgel to further the fear-mongering against the Senate comprehensive immigration reform.

I suspect that to the extent that illegal immigrants are getting these benefits it is clearly because they are defrauding the state with fake documentation to get the benefits, to which these residency-proof requirements will not solve anything.

Oh, Lou Dobbs, you silly!!

2 Comments:

At 11:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very pretty site! Keep working. thnx!
»

 
At 6:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really enjoyed looking at your site, I found it very helpful indeed, keep up the good work.
»

 

Post a Comment

<< Home